Foresight Independent Financial Planning Ltd. (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Foresight is committed to protecting your personal information.
Who we are
We are Foresight IFP Ltd, which is registered as Foresight Independent Financial Planning Ltd.
How to contact us
FAO Data Protection Officer
Foresight IFP Ltd
Information we collect and use
Information about you that we collect and use includes:
- Information about who you are e.g. your name, Company name and contact details
- Information connected to your financial matters.
- Information about your contact with us e.g. meetings, phone calls, emails/letters
This information will only be collected and used where it’s needed to provide the product or service you have requested or to comply with our legal obligations
Information you may provide us about other people within your organisation or personal life
Where we collect your information
We may collect your personal information directly from you, from a variety of sources, including:
- phone conversations with us
- emails or letters you send to us
- meetings with one of our employees
- registering for one of our events e.g. seminars, briefings, webinars
- participating in research surveys to help us understand you better and improve our products and services
- our online services such as websites, and social media
We may also collect personal information on you from places such as business directories and other commercially or publicly available sources e.g. to check or improve the information we hold (like your address) or to give better contact information if we are unable to contact you directly.
What we collect and use your information for
We take your privacy seriously and we will only ever collect and use information which is personal to you where it is necessary, fair and lawful to do so. We will collect and use your information only where:
- you have given us your permission [consent] to send you information about financial matters, wealth management updates, investment news and event invites offered by Foresight IFP Ltd
- it’s necessary for us to meet our legal or regulatory obligations
- If you do not wish us to collect and use your personal information in these ways, it may mean that we will be unable to provide you with our products or services.
We sometimes use systems to make automated decisions based on personal information we have – or are allowed to collect and use from others – about you. These automated decisions can affect the products, services or features we offer you now or in the future. We use automated decisions in the following ways:
- Tailoring products and services e.g. placing you in groups with similar customers to make decisions about the products and services we may offer you to help meet your needs
- When designing and enhancing our online services to help meet your requirements for ongoing guidance and support
Who we may share your information with
Companies we have chosen to support us in the delivery of the products and services we offer to you and other customers e.g. research, consultancy or technology companies; or companies who can help us in our contact with you, for example, an internet service provider
Law enforcement, credit and identity check agencies for the prevention and detection of crime
We will never sell your details to someone else. Whenever we share your personal information, we will do so in line with our obligations to keep your information safe and secure.
Where your information is processed
The majority of your information is processed in the UK and European Economic Area (EEA).
However, some of your information may be processed by us or the third parties we work with outside of the EEA, including countries such as the United States, New Zealand and India.
Where your information is being processed outside of the EEA, we take additional steps to ensure that your information is protected to at least an equivalent level as would be applied by UK / EEA data privacy laws e.g. we will put in place legal agreements with our third party suppliers and do regular checks to ensure they meet these obligations.
How we protect your information
We take information and system security very seriously and we strive to comply with our obligations at all times. Any personal information which is collected, recorded or used in any way, whether on paper, online or any other media, will have appropriate safeguards applied in line with our data protection obligations.
Your information is protected by controls designed to minimise loss or damage through accident, negligence or deliberate actions. Our employees also protect sensitive or confidential information when storing or transmitting information electronically and must undertake annual training on this.
Our security controls are aligned to industry standards and good practice; providing a controlled environment that effectively manages risks to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your personal information only where it is necessary to provide you with our products or services while you are a customer.
We may also keep your information after this period but only where required to meet our legal or regulatory obligations. The length of time we keep your information for these purposes will vary depending on the obligations we need to meet.
Your individual rights
You have several rights in relation to how Foresight IFP Ltd uses your information. They are:
- Right to be informed
- Right of access
- You have the right of access to your personal information. If you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you, you may make a data subject access request (DSAR).
- Right to request that your personal information be rectified
- If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it is corrected.
- Right to request erasure
- You can ask for your information to be deleted or removed if there is not a compelling reason for Foresight IFP Ltd to continue to have it.
- Right to restrict processing
- You can ask that we block or suppress the processing of your personal information for certain reasons. This means that we are still permitted to keep your information – but only to ensure we don’t use it in the future for those reasons you have restricted.
- Right to data portability
- You can ask for a copy of your personal information for your own purposes to use across different services. In certain circumstances, you may move, copy or transfer the personal information we hold to another company in a safe and secure way. For example, if you were moving your back office system to another provider.
- Right to object
- You can object to F processing your personal information where: it’s based on our legitimate interests (including profiling); for direct marketing (including profiling); and if we were using it for scientific/historical research and statistics.
Rights related to automatic decision making including profiling
You have the right to ask Foresight IFP Ltd to:
- give you information about its processing of your personal information
- request human intervention or challenge a decision where processing is done solely by automated processes
- carry out regular checks to make sure that our automated decision making and profiling processes are working as they should.
How to make a complaint
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.